Thursday, December 13, 2012

"The Polar Express" Party!

Jackson LOVES the movie "The Polar Express!"  He watches it year round.  I thought it would be fun to host a viewing party for the kids in our neighborhood as we approached Christmas.  I sent out an evite and asked the kids to come in their pjs and bring a pillow and blanket (and covered cup since I was NOT letting these 2-13 year-olds drink hot chocolate in open cups on my carpeting!).  Jackson and I spent the day beforehand making cookies--five kinds!  It was SUCH a fun day!  We listened to Christmas music, and just hung out at home.  We worked around Graham's naps, and it was just a really nice day.  Good timing for a day like that :)
The cookies were actually for the mommies.  We hung out in the dining room and ate cookies and chatted while the kids watched the movie in the family room.  I popped popcorn for the kids and served it in paper bags.  They each also got to add toppings to their hot chocolate: caramel syrup, blue sprinkles, candy canes, whipped cream and marshmallows!  They had a ball with that!  (Note the boxes of tea piled in the background: I thought this would be a great way to get through some of the tea in the cabinet.  But, the moms all wanted the AMAZING Polar Express Hot Chocolate too!)
The kids seemed to have SUCH a good time!  They looked so cozy in their jammies and relaxing with their sleeping bags, blanket, pillows, stuffed animals, etc.  
I think we might have to make this an annual tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment