Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Chow Time...Take Two!

Graham has started eating solids, and he is LOVING it!!!  We started Jackson at four months (Chow Time), but I wanted to exclusively breastfeed Graham for six months, if I could.  We are still going strong in that respect, and I am SOOO happy!  Things didn't go swimmingly with Jackson, and I was only able to nurse him for about three months, followed by three months of pumping and formula supplementation.  So, this feels like SUCH an accomplishment to me :)
To be honest, I had NO idea when I was going to find time to feed this child solids!  He has been interested in our food, but I didn't know to what extent until I offered him a lick of my banana and he opened his mouth wide and grabbed at it with both hands!  I immediately mixed up some rice cereal and WATER, and he scarfed that down like it was ice cream!  I couldn't believe it!  My only thought way, "If you think THIS is good, just WAIT until the real good stuff!"  I only plan to do cereal on its own for a couple of days before adding some veggie puree.  Up first, PEAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment