Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

I don't know what I was thinking, but we had originally planned to be gone most of the day in DC doing fun city stuff.  Luckily, I changed my mind, and we spent the day mostly at home.  In the morning I was able to get brownies baked, cinnamon jell-o made, a fresh batch of egg nog in the fridge, and the rest of our ingredients set out for dinner prep.  Jackson and I made a huge batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cut-Out Cookies to decorate and set out for Santa.  We went out to lunch at Tropical Smoothie Cafe, and then home for naps.  
He was such a good helper!
Our family tradition always was to open presents on Christmas Eve from my grandma and aunt and uncle.  Grandma/Nan came over for Christmas Eve dinner, so it made sense to open presents from her then while she was there.  We kept the tradition at our house this year, but we did the opening before dinner so the boys had some time to play with these toys before getting more to open in the morning...
Nan gave Graham his very own flashlight!  He loves it and carries it everywhere!
Our cousins in California sent Jackson the Police Commissioner from Batman's car, which Jackson was excited enough about.  Little did he know that Santa granted his wish and was bringing him the Batcave soon...
Mimi opening
Bampa opening
Josh opening
Where did this face come from?  LOL
Jackson was SO excited and totally bouncing off the walls!  This was quite the action shot...
My aunt and uncle had started sending us awesome warm Smart Wool socks each Christmas.  They have become one of the most anticipated gifts!  My boys LOVES socks and shoes, and Graham wasted no time trying socks on himself...
...and Bampa!
LOVE this face!  Nan gave Jackson this cool guitar!
The table set for Christmas Eve dinner!  It was extra special because we used my grandma's china for the first time!  
I made Pork Wellington and our family's traditional Cinnamon Jell-O (my other grandma's recipe) and my mom made a noodle kugel.  It was all so yummy!  We had brownies a la mode for dessert while we watched "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" after the boys were in bed.  My parents had never seen it all the way through, and it was hilarious getting to witness that!
Our cookies all decorated!  And, a special plate just for Santa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment