Friday, June 7, 2013

Graham is Twelve Months Old!

 This picture is a hint at how tricky these photo poses have become :)
 (I took these pictures a few days early because I needed this last month's printed for a decoration for his birthday party!)
 Mr. Graham Joseph is ONE YEAR OLD!!!  I am having a hard time with the speed at which this year went.  While I don't think I'll ever feel like I'm getting ENOUGH snuggles and special moments with either of my boys, I have tried really hard to truly appreciate each stage with Graham.  I feel like I've done a good job, but I still can't  believe a year has passed!  On the one hand, our crazy summer road trip from last year seems like FOREVER ago, but it also seems like just yesterday we were toting around our tiny little guy who slept all day...

At his check-up today he weighed in at 24 lbs 3.5oz(88th %ile).  He measured 29 inches long (17th %ile).  His head circumference is 18 3/4 inches (88th %ile).

He got a great report and only two shots!  He still LOVES to eat!  He really is eating all table food now, and we haven't found very many things he doesn't like.  I would say his favorite foods are green beans, ravioli, yogurt melts, hot dogs, ice cream, bananas, American cheese, pancakes and all fruit, just like his big brother :)  The food that stands out that he doesn't love is cake!  He LOVES to dance--he starts wiggling his body whenever he hears pretty much any kind of music--it is super cute!  His favorite song is "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."  He has made great progress in sleeping--yay!  He goes to bed around 6:30pm and sleeps all the way until 6am(ish).  We do get a few mornings that are earlier, but we are working on that!  If we are home, his morning nap can last two hours.  His afternoon nap is a little less predictable in length, but he does take one!  He really is pretty flexible!  I'm trying to foster that, but also give his schedule a little more priority this summer.  During the school year, he is a slave to Jackson's school schedule--I always feel bad if I have to wake him up from a nap to go pick up or drop off Jackson at school :(

Graham is really busy!  He is super fast when he crawls, he is pulling up on EVERYTHING, and he has stood on his own for a few seconds several times.  He thinks Jackson is HILARIOUS!  We don't always, and that causes some issues since Jackson doesn't REALLY see the need to NOT DO certain things since Graham is laughing hysterically...  They are already ganging up on us!  Graham loves playing--preferably with other kids.  He LOVES balls and is happy to chase one around or "play" catch.  We are seeing an interest in things with wheels too :)  He loves to hear his voice, and the most discernible sound we hear so far is, "Dada!"  I hope he's able to get some words in edgewise with Jackson around... ;)

We love our super smiley little boy!  We have enjoyed this past year SO much, but we can't wait to see even more what this little person will be like as he continues to grow.  We just hope he stays just as sweet and happy :)  Happy TWELVE MONTHS, Graham!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment