Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day 2015!

My dad was here for Father's Day LAST year, and I was so glad his and Mom's visit worked out to be here again this year!  We planned to spend the morning walking around Old Town Alexandria before having lunch and heading home for naptime all around ;)
 It was pretty hot, but we had a good time walking around!  Jackson was checking out the boats just as we started out.
 Updated photo shoot with Mimi and Bampa!
 Three generations :)
 A patriotic Father's Day photo...shortly after this we loaded back up in the cars with Firehouse Subs set as the next destination as we worked our way back south towards home.  Everyone enjoyed their sandwiches, and then we went home.
 During Quiet Time, Mimi taught Jackson how to make a latchhook rug!  This is an activity Larry and I both enjoyed doing when we were younger, and Mimi happened to be working on one herself to give as a gift!  I loved watching my mom teach Jackson something she taught me, and he was so proud of himself once he caught on!
 After naptime, it was time for presents!  
 And, cards!
 We also celebrated belated Mother's Day and birthday for Mimi...
 The boys picked out this pretty windchime for her garden, but I didn't want to send it, so she had to wait to get it in person :)

 A little musical interlude!

 Fun mustache wrapping paper!
 New socks!  Such a strange June gift, but he loves socks!
 Everyone had fun with the mustache paper!
 The boys had early showers and dinner, so the grown-ups could sit down and enjoy a nice dinner at a more leisurely pace.  Josh grilled some delicious steaks on the grill :)
 Finding all of the hidden things in the Umizoomi book!
I believe this is a pirate search and find book they were working on.

I love my dad and I love the dad Josh is to Jackson and Graham, so it has worked out so perfectly to celebrate them both together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment