Sunday, February 10, 2013

Yancey Baby Bee!

 I threw Susie a baby shower!!!  I had such a good time planning it, and I think she really enjoyed having lots of friends to hang out and relaxing while getting ready for her baby BOY!!!
  
Mommy to "BEE"  Michael's carries this fabulous honeycomb scrapbook paper, and I used that for everything!  It could not have been more perfect!
 I have never attempted a diaper cake, but I knew I wanted to make a diaper wreath once I saw this on Pinterest.  I used this tutorial to guide me.  It really was not hard at all!
 My friend, Kevin, gave me this beautiful beverage dispenser as a house-warming gift!  When he gave it to me it contained beer margaritas.  Just lemonade this morning ;)
 I have been seeing decorated water bottles all over Pinterest, and I thought this was a perfect reason to try them.  They looked so nice all lined up!
 Yancey Baby Bee!
 A shot of the table.  I served:
Mixed Fruit--pineapple, honeydew and cantaloupe
Honeycomb Cereal--I used  clear glass vase to display the cereal, and it looked SO cute!  There were paper cones to spoon it into as serving vessels--just a little different.
Yancey Baby Bee napkin rings
I had a lot of fun making all of the paper products for the shower.  They pretty much required lots of cutting and putting together.  I bought scrap booking adhesive squares and that's what I used to attach most everything.
To make a simple centerpiece for this table, I just stuck three of the paper cones full of Honeycomb cereal in a mason jar. 
Gifts to shower Susie and Baby Yancey with love!
I just love watching people open presents, particularly at baby showers :)  Joe's sister, Erin, took these pictures of present opening--she did a great job capturing everything!
I believe this was present #1: Bath Bombs for the mommy!
Joe's mom and sister gave Susie the bedding set she registered for--it is SOOO cute!
Susie's mom gave her a bag full of onesies with special messages on them: there was this Little Brother one, one about mommy, one about daddy, one about grandma, one about grandpa, and maybe one about auntie?  SUCH a cute idea!  He is SO loved already :)
Bumble bee plate and bowl!  This was part of my present.  There was another bumble bee bowl and plate.  It was all in a personalized LL Bean tote bag.
Opening a super fun basket full of goodies!
Susie posing with the cupcakes and the diaper wreath--her dining room paint color went with the shower theme SO WELL!
Time for cupcakes!
Bumble Bee Cupcakes
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake cupcake
Modeling Chocolate decorations
Pipe cleaners for antennae
Wilton edible googly eyes
3/4 of the soon-to-be-expanded Yancey family!
Susie and Joe and their moms :)
Susie and the grandmas and aunts :)
Favors--Thanks for celebrating Mommy to Bee and Baby to Bee!
I made these honeycomb pockets using my friend, Aimee's, Silhouette machine---it does ALL that cutting out!
Each pocket included two honey straws and a tea bag
I LOVED this shower theme--there were SO many good ideas out there!  Most of my ideas came from Pinterest.  I made a special board for this shower: Bumble Bee Baby Shower

Now we just sit tight until Baby Boy makes his arrival!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment