Saturday, May 7, 2016

April in 1st Grade and Pre School

Today started a special Spirit Week leading up to a pep rally on Friday to kick off SOL testing. This weekend was bananas, so I didn't have time to prepare anything for "Dress Like a Scientist" Day. I didn't say anything about it, but the first thing he said when he came through the door after school was, "Today was Dress Like a Scientist Day!" I looked at him and smiled apologetically, but before I could even apologize, he said, "It's ok! A paleontologist is a scientist, and I'm dressed like one because they were short pants with pockets and t-shirts because they're usually in places where it's hot!" He was so pleased with himself, and that made this mama's heart happy
Jackson looks WAY happier about Mis-Match Day than I was... LOL
Our favorite day was Friday: Dress Like a Book Character Day!
Jackson dressed as Flat Jackson!




We have had our friend, Flat Jonah, with us for a while, so it was perfect to pose with him too!

Teddy Bear Day at preschool!

Snack time with our bears!  So glad I got to work this day :)
The first week of May is Teacher Appreciation Week!  The organizers of the fun week came up with a super awesome idea to decorate the classroom doors to match the theme of "Thanks for helping us grow!"  I had some really awesome helpers come decorate the First Grade doors!





Our kiddo helpers!  The teachers LOVED their doors and the whole week :)  It's been a busy and fun start to Spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment